Saturday, November 30, 2013

S.H.E - What is it all about?


Hello! I'm Anjana. I am from God's Own Country - Kerala, India; currently settled in the beautiful city, Bangalore. I'm married to Sreenivas. Both of us are software engineers by profession.



I was an average cook before marriage and was not so proud of myself. So, I was having this 3 months long vacation during which I kind of sharpened my cooking skills. Also I decided to do some little experimentation in my kitchen.

I'm not a born cook. I do not have instincts like many others have. My husband is a true foodie who is born with cooking instincts and skills. I take a lot of tips from him while cooking. Some of the recipes in this blog are coming directly from my hubby. 

So what made me write this blog? I was this busy IT professional who has no time to think about food or cooking. I used to bunk my breakfasts, lunch. I used to grab all those ready-to-eat stuffs and slowly I understood that I'm completely destroying myself. 

Then I realized how important it is to eat. Eat something good, healthy. But you also need to please your taste buds. So it ought to be tasty. And lastly, the dish needs to look great, elegant and not mushy, messed up in order to feel like grabbing it. So I started to try simple dishes at home. Slowly I started to enjoy cooking. You not only get good home-made food but it also serves as a stress buster. My cooking skills improved slowly. It's like "I went from zero to my own hero". 

I realized that if the recipe is very complex most of us do not feel like trying it out. We generally feel like trying those time taking recipes only on weekends. That is why my blog is S.H.E - Simple Healthy & Elegant. Simple - suits your busy routine. Healthy - good for your body, Elegant - pleases your eyes and brain. Some of the recipes in this blog are inspired by TV shows, cooking blogs, Youtube videos, my husband's ideas and a few from my mom's kitchen. 

All the recipes are tried at home and pictures taken by me. My recipes are for everyone. You do not need to have cooking skills or instincts. Just have the instinct to eat healthy food. I'm sure all of us have it. I'm a vegetarian and hence the blog has only vegetarian recipes, but you can use some of the recipes and substitute vegetables with meat. Hope you all enjoy this one. 

Bonne cuisine!


3 comments: